TRIVIA QUIZ #607
TO BEGIN WITH...
IF I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW…I WOULD HAVE DONE THEN WHAT I CAN'T DO NOW.
JUST BECAUSE YOU GO TO CLASS DOES NOT MEAN…THAT YOU ARE A STUDENT.
IT'S FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS…AND NOBODY BOTHERS TO ASK YOU ANY QUESTIONS.
SOME STUDENTS DRINK DEEPLY AT THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE…WHILE OTHERS ONLY GARGLE.
TRIVIA QUIZ #607
By Lou Goldstein
My wife and I meet most every Sunday morning for breakfast with a group of our friends. In the past year we introduced a trivia quiz as part of the Sunday morning experience. It has proved to be entertaining and educational. We actually keep score and determine the winners who are awarded prizes at the end of the year (we are kind of nutty).
We have three seasons. Spring, Fall and Winter. The quizzes are stopped during the summer because we have a couple friends that are rich and leave the hot weather in Phoenix for their summer escape hideouts in cool places.
I thought that I would entertain and educate you by sharing some of these trivia questions. You can either take the tests honestly without looking up the answers or you can cheat and go to your handy computer and find the answers. Or, you can try to take the test honestly first and then check your answers afterwards. I really don’t care because, unlike our official Sunday morning trivia quiz contest , there will be no prizes given out.
So, here is TRIVIA QUIZ #607 (Don’t ask me why it’s #607…I have my reason.)
1. Frank Sinatra was the lead singer in what band?
A. Tommy Dorsey B. Harry James C. Benny Goodman D. Both A & B
2. After whom was the Hudson Bay named?
A. Nathenial Hudson B. Henry Hudson C. Prince Hudson D. Rock Hudson
3 Which of the following was NOT a Walt Disney creation?
A. Mickey Mouse B. Pluto C. Daffy Duck D. Goofy
4. Who was the director of the movie, The Pianist ?
A. Chris Nolan B. M. Scorsese C. Roman Polanski D. Soupy Sales
5. Who sang the song “Wind Beneath My Wings” in the 1988 movie Beaches?
A. Bette Midler B. Stevie Nicks C. Tina Turner D. Kelly Clarkson
6. In the movie The Flower Drum Song who sang “I Enjoy Being A Girl.”
A. Mitzi Gaynor B. Juanita Hall C. B.J.Baker D. Nancy Kwan
7. Barbara Bush and her husband suffer from the same disease. What is it ?
A. Asthma B. Diabetes C. Grave’s Disease D. Son-isitus
8. In 1993 Bill Clinton appointed his wife as head of the task force on what?
A. K-12 B. Health Care Reform C. Intern Affairs D. Drug Reform
9. On what Island is Pearl Harbor located ?
A. Maui B. Hilo C. Galapagos D. Oahu
10. The name of Bruce Springstein’s band is?
A. The Rolling Stones B. Kiss C. The Boss D. The E Street Band
11. You are in a race. You overtake the person in 2nd place. What position are you in ?
A. First B. Second C. Third D. Last
12. Mary’s father had 5 daughters. Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono…The name of the 5th daughter is?
A. Nunu B. Mana C.Nynu D. Neither one
Answers to 607…1-D...2-B... 3-C... 4-C... 5-A... 6-C... 7-C... 8-B... 9-D... 10-D 11-B (You were 3rd)... 12-D (Mary)
See you next time,